Monday, September 10, 2012

Design4Media: Palettes (idea 1)

Over time, I have gathered "junk" from old computers, vcrs, etc. This "junk" ranges from computer chips, gears, wires, and various other parts. I love to incorporate these into my work, and play with depth.
Examples of past work:[Example 1]  [Example 2]
With this project, it will be interesting to also incorporate layers of paper and digital prints (and possibly foam core). I want to return to this way of incorporating media, because I not only find it fun, but because I haven't worked with them in so long. (Especially now that I can bring new ideas/ skills to the table after going to CCAD for a year).

With robots, I feel they will fit the theme of the parts I plan to incorporate. 
I've decided on a cool, analogous palette with pops of the complements:
(initial exploration)
(final palette/ proportions)
Over the summer, I started to develop a "cut out"-like style with my digital work. I plan to 'punch' this up for this piece as well. Here are some experiments:
  
(background thumbnail)
(possible composition)
The background would basically be some type of factory, with each character on the conveyor belt. I'm still working out the specific poses. I want the piece to flow, yet be organized.
Character Exploration:


 I worked on getting a sense of their personalities, to determine how they'll be interacting with each other in the final piece. This isn't the first time I've come up with robot characters, but I like to return to them to see what direction I can take them I next.

[Part 1] 

1 comment:

  1. I love all these sketches. It's easy to see that you put a lot of thought into this project.

    ReplyDelete