Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Zombie Final

For my Zombie film course final, I was originally going to do a quick animation of a zombie awakening. This was all that I had finished, I'd love to go back and develop it more:


I also did a piece inspired on a trip I had to the grocery store.  The day after black thursday, I noticed the few people there walking very slowly- almost like zombies.  Everyone looked tired, as if they had been up shopping the night before.  A few people were even in pajamas.

Of the films we watched, Shaun of the Dead was one of my favorites.  Through comedy, it also made a social commentary on how we need to wake up and realize what's important. Like it's predecessor, Dawn of the Dead, it also represents how commercially driven we are.  It saddens me that thanksgiving is almost replaced by black Friday.


2 comments: