Thursday, September 19, 2013

Class 9.18.13

elephants

rhinos

red pandas


Yesterday we went back to the zoo!  We mainly focused on the large pachyderms and then moved onto other animals.  I feel my most successful drawings were of a little white crane in the Asia quest exhibit. I was able to get up close to it, and it was almost like he was modeling for me.  It moved very slowly along and would stop and watch me.

I had to be careful because simply turning the page of my sketchbook would startle it, and it would start to back away.  It's walk also really intrigued me.  It was almost as if his head were defying gravity!  His head and body moved separately. 


He also had a funny little 'dance'. (Which is what I think gave him this gravity defying illusion.)


No comments:

Post a Comment